Rum Coconut Butterscotch Cookies

I'm experiencing baker's high. Despite three botched bakings in the past week (rock hard, flavorless peanut butter cookies, too flat ginger snaps, undercooked banana bread), I made what can only be described as "the best cookie ever". It involved a substitution and alcohol. Win, win. The original cookie recipe involves rum, coconut, and chocolate chips. Since I was all out of chocolate chips, I decided to use butterscotch, which I happened to have on hand. The result was super sweet yumminess. I baked the cookies on Friday morning...just in time to place in a cute Christmas box and bring with us to Isom's work Christmas party. Despite being at Mac 24/7 for what promised to be a delicious lunch, his coworkers scarfed down the cookies before the meal! Licking lips. Licking fingers. Groans of joy. Smiles around the table. Merry Christmas to me. It was a wonderful sight to see. And I didn't have to eat and get fat myself to experience the joy. Everyone else did. Hee, hee. I took a couple of "orders" and it looks like I might be baking these delights for friends on the mainland (Facebook is really good PR), as well as a few computer nerds, in the new year. Butterscotch saved the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail