Bogarts

In a former life, when I used to deliver pizza, I was lucky enough to be able to get free or discounted food whenever I worked...and not just pizza. I worked at the old Round Table Pizza by Diamond Head (no longer there), which was a few shops down from a delicious little hole in the wall called Bogarts. Whenever we were sick of pizza (which for me was rare), we would trade pizza for bagels. Pizza for sandwiches. Pizza for shakes. All the yummy things on Bogarts menu. Convenient and fun. In this life, I am a paying customer who thankfully doesn't deliver pizza on a moped anymore. Although, cruising around on a moped...not delivering anything...would be fun. After a walk around Diamond Head (4.1 miles) with Mai Ly, Lehua, and Anna I thought the morning adventures were done. I hopped into the front seat and got my seat belt on (safety first) when Lehua said "I'm hungry. Let's go to Bogarts!". Perfect. Now I didn't have to come up with anything to fix for lunch. Bogarts has local art on its walls, mix match chairs, hodgepodge tables, and 2o something workers serving up vegetarian omelettes, coffee shakes, BLT's, Portabello mushroom, avocado...you could probably eat there everyday for a month and not get the same thing twice---and it would all be delicious. Today I had an everything bagel with cream cheese, capers, onions, and LOX! If I could, I would eat this everyday for breakfast. But I can't. And I shouldn't. So I don't. If you ever find yourself in the Diamond Head area---stop in. It's a great place to stop in for a morning snack, an after beach lunch, an early dinner after climbing Diamond Head. You can't really go wrong. It is kid friendly in the sense that your kid can be loud and no one will notice, but it is a tight squeeze for parents with a stroller and all the accoutrements that generally come along with having a little one---in which case I recommend coming in anyway and taking it to go...Kapiolani park is footsteps away and makes for a great setting to enjoy a Bogart's sandwich and shake.

Comments

Mai said…
Sounds like I missed a great post-walk party. Maybe next time. I still need to go back for breakfast, which smelled heavenly. I've only tried their shakes that one day we went with Cara. If half as good as the shake, I'd have to make this my new breakfast place. Aloha, Mai
Isom said…
I also had a lox sandwich with cream cheese, today before reading this. I miss you and love you.
Larisa said…
Where the heck did you find Lox in Thailand?!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...