Crepes No Ka 'Oi

Today's breakfast outing was threefold---trying a new place, meeting baby Lucy,
and celebrating Kapua's birthday. She never did divulge how old she was turning. Jayme and I had tried the dessert crepes from No Ka 'Oi during the fall festival, Cool Kailua Nights. We were impressed then, but even more so after today's visit to the actual restaurant. It is a modest restaurant in Kailua that serves crepes with an eclectic mix of fillings---sweet, jam, fruit, vegetarian, granola, yogurt, eggs, cheese, spinach, mushrooms. I'm making myself hungry all over again. Gabe had the strawberry jam filled crepe topped with whipped creme. Lucky boy. I had "The Healthy Alternative"...most of the crepes have cute names. Mine contained granola, yogurt, fresh strawberries, and fresh bananas. It was filling, inexpensive, and I ate it guilt free. With 11 of us at the table, there were multiple varieties of crepes to try...another thing I love about going out with friends---you can sample several dishes without breaking the bank. Aside from an enjoyable breakfast to commemorate Kapua, I was excited to get my hands on little baby Lucy---Malisa's third daughter born last month. She slept for most of the breakfast and woke up just in time for me to steal a few snuggles before heading to town for a meeting. I'm adding this small, local crepe place to my list of restaurants I love. The service, food, and price were great. I'm already pondering which crepe to enjoy upon my next visit...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...