Mint Chocolate Cupcakes...And Other Random Stuff

Like some dresses that look better on the rack...so are the mint chocolate cupcakes. They smell better than they taste. Cooked anyway. The batter I licked off the spatula was really good. It's that chocolate thing again. These were better than most other chocolate cupcakes though...but just a little. Thank goodness for small sweet favors...if I truly loved all cupcakes equally, I'd have to workout three times a day. And speaking of workouts, Mai Ly and I enjoyed a five mile Mililani walk this morning (look at this beautiful flower!),followed by a healthy lunch at The Shack (they do have salads and garden burgers). As usual, we were surrounded by a sea of military guys on their lunch break. Gabe's cupcake equivalent. Ah, but even a life of long walks with friends, lunch dates, Starbucks, and cupcakes can involve stress. Mine revolves around our upcoming anniversary party. Or not at this point. I don't think we will be going with my first pick---The Pink House. I have a few other venues in mind, but with each passing day I am reminded of why we skipped out on this whole "wedding" thing the first time around. But maybe the stress is actually unrelated to the venue search and more related to the 6 year old toothbrush wars. The nightly routine has become a nightly stand off between Gabe and I...who can make who angrier first. He wins with "the toothbrush isn't supposed to go in the back of the mouth". Roll eyes here. And I win with "GO TO BED!". It's rough here without Isom the mediator. Welcome to the blog Laura...

Comments

Laura Huff said…
LOL, thanks Larisa. I thought I should officially become a "follower" so I wasn't just a blog stalker ;)
Good luck with the venue search. I've thought at various moments throughout planning that I totally understand why people elope, go to Vegas, or go to a JP.
Larisa said…
Yay! I'm so happy that you did! I put in some more requests for information with a few more venues today. Isom felt so sorry for me, he even started looking! Imagine that. Looking forward to your big day!
Laura Huff said…
You know, I was initially looking at Waialae Country Club b/c they do ceremonies right on the beach, but you need a member-sponser. I can't remember which alpha gam alum (older...) is a member there, but that's a thought too!
YAY! So excited you are coming!! Is Isom coming too?? I am so so happy all of you guys (alpha gams) are coming!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...