"The Spy Next Door"

The selfish side of me enjoys the extra time I get to spend with Gabe when Isom is out of town. Every day is Friday date time when it's just the two of us. After baking and playing with friends, I took Gabe to see the only PG rated movie that he hasn't already seen. "The Spy Next Door" was the non-animated "Kung Fu Panda". I expect I will be seeing "ninja-esque" moves from the six year old for the next few days. He really enjoyed it. I like Jackie Chan, so for me the parts of the movie that were trite, Disney happy ending like, and the scenes with Billy Ray Cyrus were easily overlooked due to the acrobatics and humor of Jackie Chan. There were no love scenes or cussing, so thankfully I didn't have to cover Gabe's eyes or ears. The action was continuous but the characters were so cartoon like in their roles as villains, I felt like we were okay. I suppose next year I will be taking him to see the sequel..."The Spy in my House"---just a guess. It was a fun Saturday date---preluded by chocolate brownie cupcakes and followed with leftover pizza. Sorry Isom had to miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...