And The Celebration Continues

Obviously, I am full of myself. I talk about myself, write about myself, obsess about myself. I'm sure most people do, but coupled with the fact that I'm an only child, it really makes for a self involved individual. But, believe it or not, I still have friends, so I'm not gonna spend too much time worrying about this small personality flaw. Birthdays, especially my own, are my favorite celebration. Thankfully, every year, my friends and family indulge me in multiple birthday events. This year I enjoyed a leisurely walk at Ko Olina, followed by kid free beach time and lunch at Aloha Salads. That was my birthday eve---a lesser known birthday tradition, but an important one just the same. On my actual birthday I enjoyed cupcakes and a Mexican fiesta dinner. Today I enjoyed California Pizza Kitchen for a day after birthday lunch. But wait, tomorrow I will end the birthday week festivities with the biggest blow out---Bon Jovi in concert at the Blaisdell Arena. But today, was a delicious veggie pizza treat followed with three bites (I counted) of Red Velvet "birthday" cake. (For those who might be worried, the rest of the cake was not wasted. My post birthday lunch companions made sure it got eaten). Yesterday's birthday dinner was a veggie burrito courtesy of Julie (Mexico Lindo). We were joined by Mary and were surrounded by five boys under seven...so, of course we were drinking wine. It was a fun play date/birthday dinner. And if you are wondering how you can swing this type of multiple birthday celebrations yourself---well, just ship your spouse to Thailand or Iraq, and you too can have a week of birthday cupcaking, lunching, and fiesta-ing---thanks for all the birthday-ing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail