Bon Jovi

Sometimes the encore is the best part. Take my birthday for example (and I promise there won't be too many more references to it after this post). Since it was a week long celebration, last night was the encore---Bon Jovi concert at the Blaisdell with good friends. Ever since "You Give Love a Bad Name" blasted through my boombox in the fifth grade, I have been a fan of Bon Jovi. They are not my favorite band, BUT they do sing one of my favorite songs---one that is on my top ten of all time list. "Wanted: Dead or Alive". I know it's cheesy. I know they are a big hair 80's band from New Jersey. I don't care. Every time I hear that song, I have to turn it up, listen, and sing along. After getting my hair and makeup done at Marsha Nadalin by Sarah and her salon pals, I was transformed from house frau to Bon Jovi rocker chic. The pampering was a great gift and I thought that was the end of it. But then I arrived at Lehua's and discovered a masterpiece cake waiting for me. A STARBUCKS cake that said "Larisa Rocks" on it, home made by Lehua. So perfect...we didn't even cut into it...yet. Some wine, some salad and some pizza and we were out the door headed to the concert. I was still thinking about the cake though...hoping Lehua's husband wouldn't be tempted to devour it while we were gone. We found our seats just as Bon Jovi came on stage. Perfect timing. Bon Jovi is the ultimate hand waving, lighter flicking, scream at the top of your lungs kind of concert. Their biggest fan was sitting in front of us shaking it to every song---even the bad, slow ones. I can't give her too much grief, because I was right there with her---rocker fist pump, air guitar and all. It was great. I haven't rocked out at a concert like that in awhile. Jon Bon Jovi hasn't aged a bit and it is contagious. Everyone in the arena was loving life like a seventh grader. The concert ended with the typical crowd begging for more, and we were all glad to wait for the encore---"Living on a Prayer" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" blasted through and I don't think there was one person sitting down. A sea of devoted fans. Sometimes the encore is the best part.

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is nothing "Cheesy" about being a Bon Jovi fan... They have proven themselves over and over and over again... I love them, as do millions of others.... Glad you had a great time :) I can't wait to see them again! Thanks for posting.
Larisa said…
You're right. I wish more bands from my childhood would make a resurgence!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail