Boots and Kimo's

Isom is home! I was excited to take him to one of the many restaurants I tried while he was away. After picking him up from the airport we drove over the hill to Kailua to indulge in breakfast crepes from Crepes No Ka Oi...only to find that they were No Ka Open. Of course Tuesday is the one day they are closed. Good thing the new location of Boots and Kimo's is a stones throw away. I'd been wanting to try this breakfast place out, so the plan change didn't put a damper on the morning. I know Boots and Kimo's is known for their Macadamia Syrup Pancakes, but I decided to keep with the crepe theme and ordered the Guava Jelly Pancake Crepes (as pictured above Isom's spam and egg breakfast). I'm not sure why the restaurant is bright yellow and adorned with ridiculous abouts of Football paraphernalia and Wheaties Cereal boxes, but the ghastly decor didn't matter. My breakfast treat was delicious. The service is local style---in a good way. We were surrounded by tourists and I can imagine that they will all return to their respective snowy states with glowing comments about "the spirit of aloha" they experienced while dining at "that cute place in Kailua". The price was right. The company (while tired) was great. And the food, worth going back again...to try the pancakes I saw being served all around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...