Gingersnap Cookies

Isom's favorite cookie (and cupcake) is ginger. I guess most folks call them gingersnaps. The recipe that we have (and that I royally screwed up once before) is from Isom's mom. The trouble I find with recipes I receive from both Isom and his mom, is that sometimes a crucial element gets left out of the instructions. The crucial step is usually in their head and obvious to them (not so obvious to me), so they don't think to write it down. This has led to botched homemade applesauce and the previously mentioned gingersnaps. I wanted to bake something yummy for Isom's return from Thailand and use my new baking sheet at the same time---cookies it is! My plan was thwarted with the awful sore throat and congestion I seem to be suffering from now. I can't complain too much...I don't have any broken bones, I'm not a million years pregnant, I don't even have the flu. I just can't breathe when I eat. I can't swallow without feeling like I ingested sandpaper. Other than that, I'm fine. Due to my physical (and mental) state, I suggested Isom just take over baking for me. And he did. With Gabe's assistance (good for him, the control freak in me finds baking with a six year old a very difficult task). I contributed with the idea of baking and setting out and measuring the ingredients. The result: fabulous gingersnaps, a wounded ego (mine), and tummy ache (who knows how many we ate?!) to go along with the congested nose and sore throat. Not an entirely terrible way to be sick however.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...