Lamingtons

...are an Australian treat. I'm not Australian. I'm not a food photographer (thus the photos above). I can follow (only now, after seven months or so of baking) a recipe. Yesterday, while Gabe was busy figuring out what 20-5-7 was, I was baking these mini cupcakes. I made chocolate to dip the cupcakes in and the final step was rolling the chocolate covered mini cupcake in flaked coconut. The three C's! Cupcake, chocolate, coconut. The bite sized treats tasted like donuts. The cake was soft and spongy and the chocolate and coconut added the perfect amount of sweetness. This could easily take the place of the holiday rum ball. Add a stick to it (as suggested by Julie) and it's the perfect mini treat for the kids. Is it a cupcake? Is it a lollipop? Is it a donut on a stick? Who knows. But those Australians sure do know how to create a delicious mini treat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks ono! How about rolling them in nuts instead of coconut??? It reminds me of the old SNL skit "Shwetty Balls." Google it.....pee in your pants funny! Love, Lena
Larisa said…
EXACTLY...Isom and I were just talking about this and we also happened to watch it recently too! Ha! Glad we aren't the only old SNL fans.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...