A Sweet Affair: Valentine's Party

I found a way to incorporate my love for commercial holidays with my love for cupcakes. This year, I had a Cupcake themed Valentine's Day party. To my delight, Target was selling oodles of crap with this same combined theme. I was really supposed to be a high level marketing exec, but alas, I will just trod along having good ideas with no credit or money, given. Since I like all things cupcakes, I have no time or room in my brain for things such as...sports. Football to be exact. I scheduled my party for Superbowl Sunday. Oops. The turn out was still good, but I am seriously out of touch...at least with tight suited, sweaty men chasing and throwing a small ball. For this gathering, I made three types of cupcakes: coconut and raspberry, white chocolate with strawberries, and red velvet...at this time I will take a moment to fess up---the red velvet was...a box recipe. I hated to do it but, as I mentioned earlier, Target had some really cute stuff (crap). One of which was a pink and brown packaged red velvet cupcake mix. I felt I would be doing a Valentine disservice if I didn't include it in my party. The kids played, decorated cupcakes, and made Popsicle stick frames. The mommies scolded, cleaned frosting, and drank a few glasses of bubbly. Nothing like cupcakes and champagne (and pizza). It was a delightful afternoon with girlfriends while the men in our lives were shouting at the television (or in Thailand or playing with their iPhone in the other room---glad you made an appearance at the party Rob!). I hope everyone has recovered from their sugar high.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So sorry we missed it. :( :( It looked beautiful!!
Larisa said…
Me too! It was a sticky, sugary day...I'll have cupcakes at our anniversary party though! You can enjoy that!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...