Acapulco

...the restaurant, not the place in Mexico. Although I have been there too. A surprise dinner date with the Pommerenks last night turned into trying a new restaurant...and it was Mexican! Great! In our neck of the woods, our Mexican food choices are Taco Bell and Just Tacos. Neither of which should really be considered Mexican food. I'm unsure of how long Acapulco's has been in the Waipio shopping center by Foodland, but I know it is BYOB...works for me...and it is cozy. There are some outdoor seats, they serve Horchata, and those super sweet Mexican bottled sodas...made in China (just kidding). I ordered the veggie quesadilla. It came with a side salad and a healthy dollop of sour cream. After munching on the tortilla chips and guacamole (mui bueno), I was unable to annihilate the quesadilla as I typically would have. It made for a delicious lunch this afternoon after swapmeeting with Michelle. The prices were a little steeper than I recall Mexican food being, but our waitress was pleasant and despite an unwelcome "friend" that walked across Isom's plate...don't be grossed out...it's Hawaii...we had a good experience. Acapulco's is a place where the kids are free to be kids. And, they have awesomely comfortable chairs. Go and see for yourself. I will go back...just not too sure if Isom will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...