Chocolate and Chili Cupcakes

...smell better than they taste. The idea is better than the reality. The cook is not up to par. It has been at least two weeks since I have set foot in the kitchen to bake. I've made many appearances otherwise. To eat. Could it be, that in two short weeks I have lost my touch? Definitely. Two batches of cupcakes (one "belated birthday batch" for Sarah and one "trying a new recipe batch" for me) that are blecky. New word. Yucky and bleck (which is apparently a combination of bleh and eck). Today, I had hoped to cheer myself up with a revitalization of baking. I volunteered all morning at Gabe's school, managed to make a little boy cry, lost my blog momentarily in cyberspace---all before the two botched batches. I would love to be able to troubleshoot, but I just don't have a clue as to why the same recipe, made by the same aspiring baker, with the same equipment and ingredients, can turn out wonderfully one time and catastrophically terrible the next. It might be time to retire this baking shindig...I mean sham. I was thinking of taking on a new adventure anyway...the hunt for Oahu's best pizza. Pizza-ing weekly (and blogging about it of course) in search (and with a little help from my friends I hope) of the tastiest slice. Although cupcaking just rolls off the tongue a whole lot better...

Comments

Anonymous said…
NOOOOO!!!! Please don't give up on us cupcake addicts. You are our supplier and without you we'll have to resort to shady deals with back alley bakers. You just need time to get your groove back. BTW, I'm jonesing for some sugar now.....hook it up sistah! Love, Lena
Anonymous said…
I agree with Lena! Don't give up!
Laura Huff said…
I haven't gotten to partake in any of your delicious cupcake creations, but I definitely enjoy drooling over pictures and aspiring to cupcake greatness like you! Keep baking! :) But pizza-ing could be a lot of fun too...why not pizza on days you take off from cupcake-ing? ;) (And I recommend Round Table Pizza in Enchanted Lake as one of your pizza-ing adventures!)
Larisa said…
Thanks guys! After all that bashing I did, no one else (yes, I still fed them to people) complained about them...nor did anyone RAVE either. I just might go with Laura's advice though...figure out a way to do both cupcaking and pizza-ing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...