Giovanni Pastrami

Proof that I am freaking out (most likely unnecessarily) about our upcoming party?? I ate pizza and a cupcake, and totally forgot to blog about it. After our Mother's Day movie matinee, we drove to Waikiki for what I can only describe as OPTIMUM EATING UTOPIA. We tried a new to us restaurant, Giovanni Pastrami...across from the Yard House. Our dining experience began before entering the restaurant---when I called ahead for instructions on parking. The guy on the phone was jokey and happy and gave perfect directions to the most convenient parking I've yet to have in Waikiki. Too bad our waitress wasn't as jovial. She still managed to bring our food and everything, but I guess I was expecting at least one "Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for dining with us today!". No. She must be mad at her mom. I was excited to try the pizza and was amused to discover the pizza they serve is not their own, but really Round Table Pizza. The best part about this, I used to work at Round Table when I was twenty. Essentially, I ended up ordering what I used to always make for myself on my breaks---Gourmet Veggie Personal Pizza. It was great. I hadn't had one in years. I came to the realization that this is the best veggie pizza from a national chain that I have had in Hawaii. Kudos to Giovanni (if there really is one) for choosing Round Table Pizza. Isom had an incredible display of meat they like to call the Pastrami sandwich. And never one to disappoint, Gabe ordered...breakfast...at 3:30 in the afternoon. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's Day. Yummy pizza was followed with a stroll through Waikiki, which was followed with a Margarita Cupcake from Tiki's. Personally, I would change the name of this cupcake to...KEY LIME PIE cupcake, but that's just me. A trip up Tantalus for one of my favorite views, and our Mother's Day food-ing extravaganza was complete.
Thanks Isom and Gabe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yummy cupcake!
Divine Pizza!
Let me know if you need help with ANYTHING.
Larisa said…
Thanks Danielle!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail