Key Lime Cupcakes

The key part of the Key Lime Cupcake should be the meringue on top. Well, for me, this is the part of the cupcake that failed. They smell good, so that's a bright spot...I guess. The cake part of the cupcake turned out just fine too...another bright spot. But, if the sauce and the crust on the pizza are good but the toppings are junk, you don't want to eat it...right? This is how I am feeling about this Key Lime Cupcake. Today, I lounged on the couch re-reading "Eclipse" (fourth or fifth read maybe?) because my knee was hurting (thanks 3 mile bike ride). It wasn't a terrible way to spend a Sunday, but it wasn't a great way either. After washing down my Excedrin with a Java chip Frappuccino from Starbucks (had to take advantage of the last day of Frappuccino Happy Hour), I was feeling somewhat normal again. I thought...why not bake? But today's cupcakes ended up turning out much how I feel...not quite normal. Here's hoping tomorrows batch comes out better...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail