Breakers

Just because you own the joint, doesn't mean you should be a waiter. When we arrived to this north shore eatery, we were happy to see that despite it being Father's Day, there was no line. No line means no wait, right? Uh, no. We sat ourselves. We received two menus for our party of three. Our waiter brought us our drinks---coffee, hot coco (forgot the key element of whip cream), and two cranberry juices---one that looked like a mixed drink...I know Gabe looks old but...21? Come on. We only ordered one anyway. We were off to a weird start. We placed our order and two phone calls to the mainland later, we still hadn't received our food. I was amused for awhile listening to their cranked up seventies disco music, but I was beginning to get hungry. Our waiter/lounge act emcee brought out my pictured above Huevos Rancheros. Isom received his local style breakfast and Gabe his waffle---but no syrup. I was about half way done with my breakfast (I know I probably should have waited...but no since two breakfasts getting ruined!) by the time we were finally able to flag down a waitress to bring the side of bacon Gabe had ordered (and not received) and his syrup for his now cold waffle. Poor kid. I should have known Father's Day would be less than perfect with a start to the day like this. I should have ordered a Corona like the lady at the table next to us did...apparently she's been here for breakfast and was preparing herself for the terrible service and long wait. I did like my food though. Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail