Concert On The Lawn

Free concert in the park. Lucky we live Hawaii. Lucky Gabe wears some sort of military garb everyday...so he fit right in as we lazed on the lawn outside the Hale Koa yesterday evening. Hawaii has perfect weather (to me anyway), so I really don't know why there aren't more events like this. As it turns out, we were celebrating the Army's 235th birthday (way to go at remembering that Isom...he was only in for like eight years). We enjoyed music from the Navy band, Army 25th Infantry band, the Royal Hawaiian Band, a Celtic band, and soft string players. Despite no modern pop hits from Gabe's current favorite: Justin Bieber (apparently the little boys love him too), he still managed to be moderately well behaved...he just kept going to the bathroom (for something to do). Our Kuroda field concert was a lovely way to end our visit with Tutu. That, and a delicious final dinner at Bibas...Thai shrimp salad...
Which brings me to my next online/kitchen adventure. Thanks to Tutu for my new recipe book. I'll still be working on eating my weight in pizza around Oahu, and of course baking and taste testing every cupcake around, but now, we have added salad to the list. Yes, salad. The vegetarian is going to try her hand at...gasp...eating VEGETABLES. If preparing and eating 500 salads (that's how many are in the new book) doesn't shrink the waste, I can finally quit trying... to shrink the waist that is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail