Schooners

Isom and I enjoyed the best lunch! I wish I had known about "the pearl of Pearl City" sooner. As I was telling Lena, this is the poor man's Mariposa (restaurant at Neiman Marcus). The open air restaurant is quaint. It has a beautiful view of the marina in Pearl Harbor and behind that is the Waianae mountain range...it's an angle that I don't think gets seen often. Despite the location of being under the Ford Island Bridge, this mariner inspired restaurant is a great place to spend a few hours. It is kid friendly, the service was wonderful, and our food was fantastic. My pan seared mahi mahi sandwich was super enjoyable. It was accompanied with a side salad and poppy seed dressing. Since we were lucky enough to be enjoying a kid-free lunch, we splurged on dessert. I haven't been baking lately and was needing a sugar fix. We agreed on the cheesecake since neither of us are huge restaurant chocolate cake eaters. We were not disappointed. Pictured below was the best cheesecake (I haven't tried Otto cake, but compared to all others tried on Oahu). The layer below the cheesecake was an infusion of chocolate and strawberry. The cheesecake itself was the perfect texture and consistency. The fresh blueberry and strawberry combination...well, it was "icing on the cake". A highly wonderful surprise--- Sunday afternoon lunch (and dessert) with the hubby at Schooners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail