Seattle's Best

...in my opinion, would be---Starbucks. On Friday, I found myself with four kids under ten, suffering from an afternoon caffeine slump, and at Windward Mall. The kids got nice and sweaty playing on the newish play structure inside the mall in front of Borders. Although technically, three of the four kids were probably over the height maximum, everyone was having fun...until mall security came around. I was anxious they were going to kick us out for having exceeded the 3 foot tall requirement. Phew, just trying to evacuate the kids so the play structure could be cleaned. So we headed into Seattle's Best inside Borders...snack time! I was very reluctant to enter unknown coffee territory. Luckily, our friend Malisa (and baby Lucy) were there to provide moral support. I got the kids situated at a table and made my way to the counter where I was completely baffled by the menu. As I tried to figure out what to order, a cupcake caught my eye. A cupcake cookie anyway. How cute! I had to try this! I asked the barista (or whatever they call them at the competition) if they served tea, since it wasn't on the menu. She proceeded to reply with the nerdiest explanation of tea I've ever heard. After five minutes of the history of tea, I chose the blackberry ice tea. At least the cupcake was cute because the tea was lacking. It was cold and wet...that's about as close to resembling ice tea as it got. I'm proud of myself for trying something new...and for refraining from making too many sarcastic remarks to "the lady behind the counter".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail