Starbucks Surprises

It really does pay to consistently and obsessively talk, write, Facebook, Yelp---about Starbucks. I'm just waiting for my Keanu prize to arrive now. I talk him up a lot too. The great thing (of many) about Facebook, is reconnecting with random, possibly long forgotten, childhood friends. It is definitely the case for me---I don't really know or hangout with over four hundred people. I do remember them though. There is a story that goes along with all of them (relatives excluded). The trip down memory lane via Facebook is always fun. You never know what to expect. In my case, it has been USPS delivered packages. The first was a package of good old Southern grits. Thanks to a post about, well, grits. I miss them. As if I were rubbing on a genie's lantern, magically a package of grits arrived in the mail for me and the boys to enjoy. Thanks Claire. A week or so ago, another former classmate posted something interesting---"going to the original Starbucks in Seattle". How fun I thought. I hope he takes lots of pictures. Maybe he could read my true thoughts---I want something! Another magical package arrived in the mail---this one contained the mug and (only sold in the home store) coffee beans pictured above. How sweet. Thanks Andy. The note I found inside explained away the magic, and informed me that my "endless posts about Starbucks" basically earned me the mug and coffee. Well, I was happy to do it. Lehua must have been thinking the mug from North Carolina below would get me to shut-up about Starbucks too. Aw, too bad, just an entire blog post about mugs and Starbucks instead. Thanks for the newest city mug Lehua. Now, I'm off to post as much as I can about Twilight, Keanu, cupcakes, pizza...oh wait, that's what this blog is for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail