Summer Vacation

We've been all over the place this past week. Seeing, eating, doing all sorts of things with our mainland ohana. Not only was it a celebration of ten years of marriage for Isom and I, it was also our nephew's sixteenth birthday---the luckiest kid ever to celebrate the big day in Hawaii. So we took the boys for shave ice (twice). I made mini cheesecakes (and a large one too). The girls went for manicures and pedicures (never have my feet and hands looked so nice). We BBQ'd, beached, and boogie boarded. And a couple of times, Isom and I were able to steal away without Gabe and enjoy a few lone moments...to enjoy other baked goods. The swap meet proved to be the same old hot place but a great photo op for me...and our brother-in-law Bill. It's great having relatives in town but if we ate and toured around like this all the time...well, I'm too scared to think about it. Our first few weeks off from school have been chocked full of fun...hopefully Gabe won't have the same expectation for the remainder of summer since my plans don't include all of the sight seeing and shopping of the past week. Or goofy cousins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail