Fat Boys

...is a restaurant. Well, a diner. No baking therapy today, just straight up food therapy...butter flavored and slathered therapy. Lena and I decided to celebrate, I mean commiserate, the first day of school for the kids, together. We met up for a late breakfast that I like to call LUNCH. We shared the vegetarian omelet and the sweet bread French Toast---served on paper plates. The food was good. It wasn't fancy or overdone. The omelet had mushrooms, onions, and a small variety of peppers. It came with a side of the biggest toast this side of Texas and organic brown rice. Whatever that means. I was surprised that they had a veggie option on their menu. Local style generally equals meat-ing things up! They did a good job of satisfying my morning hunger. We stuck with water (I mean, isn't that what all professional eaters choose as their beverage of choice?). I hear great things about their garlic chicken...I guess I'll never know. But I will return here to give their version of Banana Pancakes a try. A note on the name...thanks for calling it Fat Boys instead of Fat Girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...