Mango Pie

No bake pie number two is complete. Thanks to Kimi for the fresh mango she brought over for watching her daughter after school yesterday. She also brought over split pea soup, but I didn't incorporate that into a pie...yet. Just kidding. Since my butter didn't work out this morning, I had a ton of whipped cream still. I also had a graham cracker pie crust, some mango, and some macadamia nuts. Put all these together, and I now have a pie and a half sitting in my fridge---begging to be eaten. I also have about two cups of home made butter. Mango butter that is. After early dismissal pick up and our weekly trip to the library, we headed back to the grocery store for additional whipping cream. I couldn't let the day end without successfully making butter. And I did it! When it was done, I had the creamiest butter and some buttermilk (to be used in a cupcake later this week). I added mango jelly to the butter and we now have a butter mango spread for tomorrow's breakfast. I'm back to patting myself on the back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...