The Pineapple Room

I've got some good things to say about this place. Hands down best dessert! We were there for a late lunch, so I think I'll just call it early dinner. That's why it was perfectly acceptable for us to order dessert. Originally I wanted the haupia tapioca. Isom was thoroughly grossed out by this pick and said he would only share (that constitutes him taking one measly bite) the lilikoi cheesecake with me. Fine, I wasn't in the mood for that, but decided it was better to share dessert than eat the whole thing myself. Our super polite and perky waiter stopped by to see about our dessert decision...but wait, there was a special he forgot to mention---mango cobbler with raspberry. Um, I'll...we'll have that! I like salt and sweet. I love hot and cold. When you dip your spoon into the ice cold vanilla ice cream and keep going down through the layers of juicy raspberry and thick crumble down to the warm gooey sweet mango...heaven in a bowl. The next person to come to town for a visit...we are going here...for dessert. I need to attempt to make this on my own now. And did I mention I don't even usually like mango? That's how good this dessert was to me. And the prequel to dessert wasn't too shabby either. I had a few spoonfuls of their chilled tomato soup (then passed the rest on to Isom), along with mixed greens (best vinegar/oil ratio), and a broccoli and cheese tart. How cute are they that they call quiche (already a cute term)...tart? The service from front desk to paying the bill was impeccable. And the craziest part about the five star dessert and service? This restaurant is inside Macy's...proving good food and service really can exist anywhere.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've always wanted to try this. It's goin' on the bucket list. T minus - 29 days...
Larisa said…
The time is flying much too fast! You won't have to eat another meal at home again with the growing bucket list! Ha, ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...