Punchbowl

...the cemetery that is. If you can get over the whole "a ton of dead people in the crater of an old volcano" thing, then this is actually a very nice place to visit. Sunday we were "townies". We watched a movie in town. We ate lunch in town. We looked at houses out of our price range in town. We visited Punchbowl: National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in town. The views here are magnificent. It is a history lesson while being a pleasant walk through nature (and time). With Diamond Head, ocean, mountain, and city views, I'm surprised there weren't more folks there taking it all in. It reminded me that I need to brush up on my history...Gabe had lots of questions...to which I responded with the non-interesting and uniformed "I don't know." But that's what the library is for. We have been going once a week (at least) these days, and our next visit promises to hold books on World War I, World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. All of which are "fun" topics to discuss with your seven year old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...