Watercress And Apple Salad With Endive And Bacon Or Salad # 14

This is what "cooking" is all about...discovering and being creative. Yesterday's salad was delicious. Isom did not get to enjoy it like I did. He was busy getting a ticket. U-turn turned wrong turn. Can't be as creative with driving as you can with salad ingredients...doesn't work out as well. I substituted the hell out of this salad.
The exchange rate is below:
watercress: feta cheese
endive: celery stalk
bacon: walnut: pecan
nut oil: canola oil
apple: apple
I kept one ingredient the same. The book provided the idea and I changed it to fit my ingredients...and no meat lifestyle. First, was the bed of cheese (how can you go wrong with a BED of cheese?). Next, I mixed up the dressing (maple syrup, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper). I pan seared the apples. I placed the cut celery on top of the cheese. The warm apples were placed on top of celery and cheese, and sprinkled on top---the nuts and dressing. The strong cheese, the crunch of celery, the salty sweet of the nut, and the dressing as the cohesive element. It was crunchy, sweet yumminess...saladness. That was our appetizer. The meal consisted of corn, French cut green beans, and baked mahi mahi. The tummy was happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...