Whip Cream

It all started with a purple and white carton of whipping cream. A five dollar purchase. Well, I guess it really started with Sunday's Williams Sonoma Dairy Demo. The second of my free classes, this one inspired me to come home and make something! I'm sure how whip cream is made is not a magical mystery to most of the planet. But, to me it is. Was. I can now officially let myself off the hook for not being able to accomplish this by hand. It took Scarlet (the Kitchen Aid mixer for those who have forgotten her chosen name) nearly ten minutes to turn liquid into fluffy whipped cream. My arm would have fallen off! The giddiness of my creation lasted all afternoon. While Gabe and his schoolmate Mikayla played Legos in the living room, I was dreaming up the many uses for the freshly whipped cream. I decided on a pie. Happily, I discovered an Oreo cookie pie crust, a box of stove cooked vanilla pudding, and a package of Oreo cookies. Scary that I have all of these things "on hand". I cooked the pudding on the stove (another first). I let it cool and then set it into my pre-made pie crust (hoping to make my own next time). I lathered the top of it with my homemade whipped cream. I crushed Oreos by hand and sprinkled them on top. I popped it in the freezer, and dessert was done! Culinary genius.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...