Williams Sonoma

...cooking class. Well, cooking might be getting a little ahead of myself. Thanks to YELP (again), I found out about FREE demos/classes offered by one of my favorite stores---Williams Sonoma. Every Sunday there is a different topic covered, that is free to the public---the public that calls ahead and signs up anyway. This past Sunday, Mai Ly and I tried out our first class together. It was all about spices. As a veghead, I am discovering that spices can really make or break your meal plan. Without meat, spices become the aroma. Spices carry the weight of the mouth watering sensations. Spices are important! The class was jammed packed. Some were curious food lovers like me and Mai Ly. Others were food nerds. One girl came bouncing in early, notebook and pen for notes in hand, and was disgruntled when her name some how didn't make the list (she stayed for the class anyway...I guess she is a rebel nerd). For half an hour, we learned about salts and spices that WS will be carrying in store soon. So, it was a big infomercial about Williams Sonoma. That's okay, it was free and a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon---the usual Sunday afternoon consisting of lazing on the couch or cleaning something. Of course I couldn't escape without making a purchase...pizza seasoning of course. We also received a sample of the food used in the demo. That bite of asparagus was great. Next week is a demo in dairy...I'm hopeful for a sample of ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...