The Yard House

I think my new plan of eating will be the "Isom plan". When he was away in Iraq, he lost some weight. This is what boys do. They lose weight by just thinking they will lose weight. Later, he told me that his meal (or diet) plan consisted of a salad and dessert. Simple. Eat some greens and then you can eat your dessert. This is what I'm really trying to get at. Dessert. Sweets have always been a passion, but since taking up baking, the passion has intensified. If that is even possible. So, last night, as I was out with my sorority sisters at The Yard House, for a reunion of sorts, I decided to go for the "Isom plan". No appetizer. Just salad. Seared ahi salad (pictured above). I did wash it down with a Guinness...(but only one) and followed the salad with a dessert trio. We shared chocolate souffle, peach cobbler, and banana creme brulee. The desserts were minis and we shared...plus I had a morning walk. If I can continue to have my sweets, then I am happy to have more salads to balance it out...especially if they involve ahi. It was delicious. So, now I know the Yard House is good for more than just beer and rock and roll. Oh, and it is also good for excitement...we saw a palm tree on fire and HFD come and dowse it with gallons of water while curious tourists looked on. Dinner and a show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...