Cupcake Class

I finally piped out frosting on a cupcake. Over a year of baking, and this whole time I've been spreading and sprinkling and clumping and anything but the proper technique. Tuesday's cake decorating class was a focus on the mini cake we love---the cupcake! We received three perfect cupcakes as the canvas for our frosting creativity. Everyone around me came up with something clever and fun. I stuck with simple (or boring...whatever you wanna call it). These tie dyed beauties were the work of two sisters that sat beside me. They quietly and patiently shared their decorating supplies and came up with the most fun color combination in the group. Below, my new cake decorating pal, Lisa created a mini garden on top of her vanilla cupcake. Unreal! Mai Ly created a cute dolphin for Arwen, but in my haste to get to the car before a Manoa shower hit, I neglected to take a picture (please tell me you got a photo Mai Ly?!). Next week it's back to cakes, regular sized ones that is. In the meantime, I have a bowl of butter cream frosting waiting to be experimented with (or eaten...whichever may come first).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail