Cupcake Decorating...Round Two

Did I mention that I wanted to go to Pastry Chef school? Well, I did...until this evenings cupcake decorating class. Today we learned (well, the rest of the class learned) how to make icing flowers---roses, apple blossoms, and daisy's (pain in the butt). I had no idea it would be so difficult...trying...laughable. Of course this week I was seated next to the star pupil. The instructor actually let out an audible chuckle at not one, but several of my frosting flowers (darn daisy's). I can't blame her...at least I am providing some sort of amusement. I win for class clown...although that wasn't the initial goal. I am truly in awe of all the cakes I have seen, eaten, devoured with frosting flowers. It is a fine, fine art. The good news is I didn't break any frosting bags, I didn't get rained on, and I scored front row parking. Oh, and I got to eat a cupcake!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fine, fine art for sure!
Larisa said…
Yes. I have discovered that my hands are useless...well, I suppose I can type...and that's about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail