Homemade Lasagna

It's really a tragedy that I had no idea how easy making lasagna could be. Pasta is a staple in our home cooked dinner meals, but I had never conquered lasagna. I love it. Everyone does. Today, however, I made it instead of warming up some frozen concoction called lasagna. Thanks to Lehua for showing me the ropes. We roasted zucchini, red bell peppers, and onions in salt, pepper, and olive oil. We mixed ricotta cheese with pesto and egg. We boiled our noodles and shredded our mozzarella cheese. Putting it together was fun. Layering the noodles, cheeses, sauce, veggies. The process was a bit long...we had a cute one year old distracting us, lunch break, and The REAL Housewives of D.C. was on in the background.It was a full pasta making morning. We popped our dishes in the oven and the end result was a fully prepared home cooked meal for my boys to enjoy later...It's later, and our dinner was scrumptious...just like our tiny helper---Dahlia. As you can see, she worked so hard, she needed a nap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail