Ciao Down

...at Auntie Pastos. Since I was sick all weekend and didn't have much of an appetite, by the time Sunday evening rolled around, I was famished. After waiting patiently for me to get out of a meeting yesterday afternoon, the boys and I had dinner at Auntie Pastos. We were in the Kunia area so the two options were Thai or Italian. Isom got out voted. It was garlic fest at Auntie Pastos. We ordered nothing with garlic...until dessert...I had to try the garlic ice cream. I couldn't wrap my brain around how it would taste. It was creamy vanilla ice cream with an aftertaste of garlic. Just how our waitress described. The boys verdict? I think they might have liked my lemon avocado muffins better. I enjoyed it. I finally felt like I was doing my heart a favor by eating ice cream. My main dish wasn't half bad either, but a little salty for my tastes. I had the crab manicotti. Gabe took a departure from the norm as well---pepperoni pizza. Isom had the Eggplant Parmesan. Our service was good, the price was reasonable, and their Gorgonzola dressing was actually my favorite thing about the meal. We really should come here more often. Maybe next time they'll have basil ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...