Vegan Cupcakes

I had actually been wanting to bake vegan cupcakes for awhile. I've made so many other varieties, I thought that a cupcake with no animal products or byproducts would be interesting at least. The opportunity to give back to my sorority and make vegan cupcakes presented itself today. The collegian sorority sisters are rewarded with dinner made (in some cases purchased) by the alumni if they make their quarterly/semester grades...well, these girls made the grade. And as a reward? Vegan cupcakes. Just kidding. One of the members is vegan. Since I know how it feels to not have something I can eat due to the meat limitations of my diet, I decided to take on the challenge of vegan cupcakes. It was actually quite easy. Since I don't have a picture (they may be "healthy and vegan" but they aren't that "cute"), I will provide the recipe instead...which you may like to call Banana Bread (they tasted eerily similar).
Vegan Cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbs Dutch-process cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2 cups superfine sugar
2 bananas
2 cups cold water
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp baking soda
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cocoa powder
( 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips are optional)
Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 20 minutes
Enjoying is completely subjective...

Comments

Anonymous said…
They were good! Had that "can't put my finger on it, but common among 'health' foods" odd texture, but the flavor was good. Banana...yum.
Larisa said…
It's called NO EGGS and NO BUTTER=NO FLAVOR. It's good for you because you don't EAT it! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...