Blimpie

I can't believe I've been semi-blogging for over a year and have yet to have a post about my favorite fast food sandwich shop. Blimpie is better than Subway. The sweet peppers, the fresh sliced meats...wait, I don't eat meat anymore. But, I still prefer a Blimpie Veggiemax or tuna on wheat to the Subway counter part. I'm sure it has everything to do with working there for several semesters during college (ask me about the tuna...one more thing I have in common with Jen Lancaster). Since I am lucky enough to be at home while Isom slaves away on computers for work, at least once a week we meet up for a kid free lunch time date. It is usually at Blimpie. It's not romantic, but it is a good sandwich, which honestly I sometimes prefer to romance (other than pizza, sandwiches are my go to food---I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and for several years at UH, I did). The Tesoro gas cashiers/Baskin Robbin ice cream scoopers/Blimpie sandwich makers (it's a three in one shop) are VERY generous with the toppings. Just look at the beast of a sandwich above. I was still full over six hours later. For the most bang for your buck, and being able to pump your car full of gas too, Blimpie in Salt Lake is a great lunch place.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I came on to your page to find out if you got a dog (your FB pic). No?
Larisa said…
No dog...just a cute picture. It belongs to Isom's dad...he's pretty cute...that's saying a lot, since I don't really enjoy pets!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...