Book Club

...at a BAR. What a great night of food, laughter, friends, and a small discussion on the book we read this past month---Jen Lancaster's Pretty in Plaid. I wore plaid in honor of the book. We sipped on the yummiest pomegranate margaritas (only $4), ate ahi, shrimp, warm brie, homemade chips, crab and artichoke dip, creme brulee, and bread pudding. It was a great kick off to the holiday season...I was preparing my belly for all the yummy treats it will be enjoying in the coming weeks. Other than my friend Michelle's brie, this recipe includes honey and balsamic vinegar, it is the best I have enjoyed. We were not the only folks out for a good time last night...a quadruple birthday party was in the works at Kincaid's. The balloons were attached to full size bottles of alcohol---they really know how to do things! I need to secure an invite to next year's bash. I digress, as with last night, it is supposed to be about the book---a few words on Pretty in Plaid:
1. Funny
2. My favorite of all her books
3. I realized that college days humor never gets old
4. 11 years of college can lead to something good---like a multi book deal, a funny blog, and fans world wide (I'm referring to Jen here...)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for introducing me to Jen Lancaster. She makes me pee my pants laughing. :)
Larisa said…
You're very welcome! Everyone needs a good pee in the pants.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...