Cooking Club Part Dos

Mexican theme---isn't that what everyone thinks of the weekend before Thanksgiving? A few of us moms got together Saturday for our second "Cook Club". This time we paired Game Night with it. Seeing as it was the big Mexican Revolution Day holiday (so well known and beloved here in Hawaii), our foods (and games) revolved around MEXICO I was so caught up in the Mexican Fiesta, I neglected to take photos of all the colorful and delicious dishes. We had Corona, Kahlua, and Margaritas by our sides to wash down our fiesta feast. I made shrimp and cheese enchiladas (conveniently, I took a photo of my own masterpiece), Kim's 7 layer dip, Lehua's Dulce De Leche cookies (personal favorite), flan, Michelle's tamales, Mai's queso, and no Mexican night would be complete without...TACO BELL (muchas gracias Jayme). We piled our plates high and settled in for our big game---UNO (the only thing other than hitting a pinata I could think of to fit with the theme). It wasn't just any Uno set, my prized Hello Kitty Uno set. We followed up the worlds longest game of Uno with a quick "Pictionary/Win, Lose, Or Draw" competition. And you guessed it, the theme was "Mexican". We are geniuses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...