Eggs N Things

It wouldn't be the weekend or a walk if we didn't wait for an hour to eat breakfast out. This time, however, we had the best example of good food and good service! I was beginning to think the restaurant gods were really pissed off at me. Since we knew we definitely weren't going to breakfast at the place that starts with a C, we decided on Eggs N Things. My memories of ENT are from my UH days---after drinks and dancing at whatever was the Waikiki hot spot at the time. I even saw The Black Eyed Peas grabbing a bite there pre Fergie and pre insane fame. It was literally a hole in the wall. If you blinked, you'd miss it. They have moved to a bigger, brighter, more sophisticated location---you know, right next to a head shop. We expected a wait and were not disappointed. The kids were being decent so it wasn't so bad to sit on a bench on a sunny day and people watch (an old man in a bright purple Speedo was the highlight). After waiting patiently, we were seated and received several "Thank you for waiting" comments as well as several sincere apologies from the staff for the wait. No problem--thanks for acknowledging. We had perused the menu during the wait, so we all knew what we wanted. For the most part we all had some sort of omelet and pancake combo. I tried sneaking bites from everyone. The food was scrumptious. I would wait in line there again. Our waiter was perfect. I think all breakfast restaurants could take a tip or two from the well run machine that is Eggs N Things. Oh, and our parking was right across the street, metered, no hassle, no snatching, no tickets. Just the way I like my Saturday morning breakfast out---stress free, tummy full.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stress free for the one who didn't have to take four laps around the block before giving in to hunger. But glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. One of these days I'll actually get to experience this place. Perhaps when they find a location with parking.
Larisa said…
I know! We felt awful that you guys couldn't come...but hey, you got to go to Maui! Let's make a breakfast date to go---I didn't know you had never been!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...