JDRF Walk

It was a beautiful morning for volunteering. It was a beautiful morning for a walk---a 1.5 mile walk around Kapiolani Park. With Storm Troopers. I am kicking myself for not bringing my Halloween costume. I could have been on every Facebook page, posing with my fellow walkers. The JDRF walk was the first walk that Isom and Gabe woke up early and joined me for. It was fun seeing Gabe participate in a good cause (even if his only concern was walking with the Storm Troopers). I'm hoping he will absorb giving back to the community by osmosis. He had a walking buddy in Arwen (and Isom) and he got a free t-shirt. I'm glad I signed up, garnered donations (special thanks to Tutu, Kathi, Sue), and enjoyed some family time out and about. For more information on Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...