La Palme D'or

Christmas shopping in November. It really could be a first...ever. Isom loves going to Ala Moana. There's something about it, a nostalgia that brings him back to being eighteen, in the Army, and the best part---first meeting me! I used to work at Laura Ashley there and he would diligently come and visit me on my breaks, pick me up after late shifts, court me. It was very sweet. All the ladies knew him and would comment on what a catch he was. Nowadays, we just go to Ala Moana to shop and for the occasional Williams Sonoma demo class. Since we did everything a family could possibly do on Saturday (charity walk, breakfast out, movies, swimming, impromptu BBQ), Sunday was a blank slate. The boys wanted to lounge and I wanted to get some of our Christmas "to do's" out of the way. As long as we could go to Ala Moana, Isom was in. As long as we could hit the Lego store, Gabe was in. As long as we could stop at La Palme D'or for a mocha bubble drink, I was really, really in. Once we entered the shop, the boys couldn't resist a special treat either. They chose the layered raspberry cheesecake to share. I think La Palme D'or has two new fans. Everyone was happy and we even checked some things off our list. Now to get going on the Christmas cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...