Megamind

Okay, so we saw it last weekend and I'm just now getting around to writing about it. It was good. So good, the fact that we sat in the FRONT row (gag, like the worst thing ever) didn't matter, it was still funny and enjoyable. I didn't even get a headache (if it had been in 3D I don't think the same would be true). But I was bummed I had no place to rest my legs. This is not a movie just for kids. In the tradition of The Incredibles, Toy Story, The Fantastic Mr. Fox---this movie had kids and their parents in mind (megamind). I was surprised to see that Brad Pitt was the voice of "the good guy". I never pictured him as an animated film kind of guy (Cool World doesn't count...animated/real life movies are garbage...except for Enchanted). Will Ferrell and Tina Fey of course nailed it. I think Will Ferrell should have a cameo in all movies (even the sad serious ones). He just cracks me up---but, word of caution---there's no need to see Megamind in 3D...seeing a larger, popping out of the screen image of a bald, blue headed Will Ferrell villain, just seems wrong...no matter how much he cracks me up. The plot has twists, comedy, and fun animation--a la Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. We will Netflix it when it has had its run in the theaters. For a movie that insists you stare at a big, bald, blue head for two hours, it's pretty genius.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...