Griswold Christmas Cheer Begins

The tree and lights are up. The no theme ornaments. The BRIGHT blue lights. The Christmas card is done. The slightly blurry, tilted head snaggly tooth Gabe, undecorated tree in the background Christmas card photo. If you don't receive one, it means I came to my senses and changed my mind about sending it. I say it every year, so why should this year be any different? I must get my act together to make a connecting Christmas theme for next years decorating. Forget Charlie Brown's pitiful tree. We've got the college dorm room of trees. It's fun for Gabe though, or that's what I'm telling myself. One day I aspire to have my inner Martha Stewart corralled enough to turn the house into a winter wonderland starting the day after Thanksgiving. But for this year, a few hodge podge ornaments and the blue light special will have to do.

Comments

tobi said…
you're tree looks awesome crazy girl!! i too aspire to one day have a cohesive theme tree but as long as i have tatum insisting we use every preschool handmade ornament it's sort of out of the question ;)xoxo
Anonymous said…
Seriously I am thinking the same thing about my house. As I sit here, I look around and get extremely stressed out because there is no theme. Nothing matches. The kids decorated the tree so it's a hot mess. Then I remember....well, honestly, I can't think of anything clever to stay...there's no justifying, it just still makes me crazy. My inner Martha is so obnoxious, I can't help it.
Anonymous said…
PS) I love your decorations. :)
Larisa said…
Aw, thanks guys. I think we are all sharing the same kids! They decorate and insist on their stuff being front and center. I guess it's payback...I must have done this too!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...