Roy's

The best restaurants always have the worst lighting...for picture taking with your iPhone. Last night was the fab five (minus one...we missed you Julie) ladies Christmas dinner outing. We decided to skip a gift exchange with one another this year and just indulge on delicious food. The restaurant, the original Roy's in Hawaii Kai. The company, fun. The food, divine. The lighting, a sham. I really wanted to be able to showcase my monchong topped with fried okra on a bed of tofu and baby bok choy. I even brought my real camera to avoid such poor lighting/iPhone mishaps...but of course, I forgot to charge the real camera...so it died before I could take one single photo. Pre-dinner, Sarah curled my hair for me---you know, to look good in that bad lighting. If you haven't been to Roy's (or heard of it), don't let the cowboy name fool you. They serve up the best fish I have ever eaten. Period. I have eaten at three of their locations on Oahu and ordered a different fish entree every time, and every time it is amazing. Stand up on your chair and sing a song, amazing. Is GLEE planning on doing a "Hawaii" episode? Maybe I could be an extra, and me and the cast could go to Roy's...then I could sing about their fish, without it being weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...