Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Finally we did something fun. I've been in my work bubble where the only thing exciting is the newest color of cargo pants. A good laugh was long over due. We'll call this Isom's birthday outing since he turns the big 33 tomorrow. I have read all three of Ms. Handlers books and watch her show whenever I am up late...so religiously. A fan since the Oxygen Girls Behaving Badly days, I was eager to see her live in Honolulu. It almost didn't happen. My usual concert date (Sarah) had to work. Then I had to work. Then there were no decent priced tickets left. Amazingly, at the last minute, the stars aligned and tickets were found and my new date became, well, my husband. Fair enough. If you like obnoxious, foul mouthed, thirty-something humor, then this is the show for you. I had the BEST time. Josh Wolf was the opening act that almost upstaged the raunchy Handler. In a post about a comedian and attending a comedy show, I had hoped to be...funny. Didn't happen. I guess that's better left to the professionals. This definitely beat the last comedy show I saw. That was in Olympia. A dive bar. And the "comedian"? Screech---from Saved by the Bell. Thank you Chelsea for redeeming my comedy show experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...