Country Strong

Well, I never thought I'd be saying "the guy from Tron: Legacy really upstaged Gwyneth", but I am. He absolutely stole the show. His voice, those Brad Pitt-esque eyes, his chemistry with both female leads. I didn't see Tron with the boys, but I'm guessing this movie role is the better one. So, let's get a name out here---Garrett Hedlund. Whatever movie you see his name associated with next (unless it's Tron Legacy 2), I'm betting will be a good movie. Two weeks in a row I've scored with a good movie. Finally! Maybe my movie karma is changing. The plot to Country Strong was nothing earth shattering, in fact it was very much like a super sized episode of your favorite one hour drama (take your pick). But, the singing was great. The music (although not a huge Country fan) was terrific---those country songs do know how to tell a captivating story. The casting was spot on. Leighton Meester (already a fan from Gossip Girl) proved she is more than just a one trick pony. Tim McGraw, well, he is a one trick pony, but he is good at his trick. Gwyneth Paltrow proved once again (did ya see Duets and her episode of GLEE?!) that she is a singing actress. I'm glad I took a break from what I was doing today (uh, nothing) to go see Country Strong. Now, for the soundtrack...there's some iPod worthy stuff I'm sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
One tricky pony! I like that saying. :) It reminded me of when I told Derek he was a jackwagon. Anyways, thanks for the review. I look forward to seeing it. :)
FootPrints said…
oohhh good review...i wanna see it too.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...