No Strings Attached

Every generation needs it's own "When Harry Met Sally" (one of the best romantic comedies of all time). "No Strings Attached" can be this generations version. The chemistry between Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher was perfect (much better than his chemistry with then girlfriend Brittany Murphy in "Just Married"). I know Kutcher is not known for great acting roles, but Portman, thanks to her recent Golden Globe, is. So, of course I was skeptical about seeing her in a romantic comedy with the guy from "Dude Where's My Car". It turned out great. The movie was cute. Exactly what a romantic comedy should be. Portman and Kutcher play two people who continue to meet and re-meet over the course of fifteen years (uh, sound familiar?). Eventually, we end up in the "present day" where they end up hanging out as friends with benefits. I'd say this is the general premise for most modern day romantic comedies, but I am both getting older, and noticing that these days, the romantic comedy is less romance and more...raunch. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie and laughed out loud (me and another lady behind me). I'm just surprised at how much of movies these days are centered around sex. Sign of the times? Anyway, I was thankful to spend yet another afternoon in the cool, dark confines of the theater with total strangers, crying babies, and seat kickers while watching the very easy on the eyes Ashton Kutcher and a not so emaciated Natalie Portman...she even shoved whole donuts in her mouth. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the comedic cameo addition of both Kevin Kline (looking very rough compared to Kutcher) and Ludacris.

Comments

FootPrints said…
ooohh i wanna see this!! i'm gonna have to wait for DVD cause my husband will wanna see that!
Larisa said…
You will love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...