The Tourist

For some one who isn't a professional anything---power hanging and air folding (ON terminology) don't count---I know I am overly critical on the little things in restaurants, movies, and books---the things I love to do, talk about, blog about, complain about. It's what I do. So, my complaint about The Tourist was J Depp's scruffy beard and hair. Every movie you're in is NOT PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! So, brush that hair. Trim that beard. The movie takes place in a cosmopolitan city---Venice---don't you think a little gel could be spared for one of the greatest cities in Italy? I don't particularly like Angelina Jolie, but I do usually love Johnny Depp. She has successfully ruined another actor for me. First Brad, now this---which is totally unforgivable. This movie had potential to be exciting and great. Potential. It fell short. If I could have gotten over the ragamuffin known as Johnny Depp, I couldn't get over his puffy face...drinking will do that to you...so maybe lay off a little, your fans would appreciate it. The scenery and Angelina's accent were good. I'll give the movie that. I was intrigued with the plot, but honestly, I didn't go for the plot, I went for some weekday eye candy and was sorely disappointed. I'm sure most other people would enjoy this Bond-esque travel adventure. Me, not so much. If I want to see a straggly beard I can look to Isom (he can grow one in about two days). If I want to see bad hair, I'll re-watch Eclipse. If I want to see a beautiful European city, well, maybe we can book a trip. Save this one for DVD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...