Never Say Never

Since I'm in love with going to the movies, it was highly appropriate that on Valentine's Day, the day of love, I went to the movies. Even better that Gabe was my Valentine date. I fully expected this movie to be junk. It wasn't. I even teared up and cried. That's right, at the Justin Bieber movie. First, I'd like to point out that I think more musical stars/celebrities/artists should make documentary style movies. This Is It, Truth or Dare...both great films documenting "a day in the life" of Michael Jackson and Madonna respectively. Granted, they were/are mega stars, icons. But, the power of movies is greater than people give them credit for. Back to Bieber. He is definitely a cute kid. There is no doubt he is talented...and charismatic, this is why the movie worked, I was transfixed. Although his style of music, clothes, and HAIR are better suited for someone half my age, I still found the message in his songs and in his journey. It's right there in the title. Never Say Never. Which is a lesson I am learning as we speak. Never say you'll only have one child. Never say you won't find a job. Never say you can't live in Hawaii surrounded by beauty. I can. I did. I am. If your kid (or secretly you) find yourself hitting replay on "Baby" on your iPod, then I suggest you experience this movie for yourself. It is uplifting and fun. It brings you back to whatever teen idol you used to get teary eyed, scream for and long to marry when you were twelve (New Kids On The Block). I loved this movie. It had a way of making you feel like you could really do anything. So, when we left the theater, I did do anything...I made fish sticks for the older Valentine (Isom), after such an uplifting message, I really felt I needed to shoot for the stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail