Rabbit Hole

I'm still not sure I want to post about this movie. It was depressing to say the least. It was good, however, to see the under utilized Dianne Wiest in a movie again. The premise of this movie is death and sorrow beyond comprehension. You'd think in my "condition" I'd want to see something uplifting...every now and again you need/deserve a good cry though. I was not the only one either...the whole theater was sniffling. As for the performances, I'm not sure. I was confused as to whether they did good or if the subject matter was so upsetting, that the actors lucked into being believable. I'm not the biggest fan of either Nicole Kidman or Aaron Eckhart but as the troubled husband and wife who have just tragically lost their four year old child, I liked them. This was simple cinema. There was no big soundtrack, no larger than life action sequences, just every day life after the horror of unexpected death. It's a movie made to make people think, cry, and be thankful for the life they have...and a chance for Sandra Oh to be someone other than her character on Grey's Anatomy. If you are feeling the need to contribute to stock in Kleenex, then this is the movie for you. I felt mildly depressed for awhile after seeing the movie but decided in the end that Rabbit Hole was more about how life goes on despite it's tragedies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail