"Bagel With Lox" Cupcakes

My pregnancy induced exhaustion has not subsided, but the queasiness has, so I'm happy to say that I have baked twice this week. Not back up to the old record of five days of baking, but...baby steps. These guys are vanilla cupcakes (they were supposed to be poppy seed...but I'm easing back into things). For the bagel, mini donuts covered with poppy seeds. For the lox, flattened, scored orange Starburst. For the capers or green onions (you decide), cut green jelly beans. For the cream cheese, vanilla frosting. Voila, bagel on a cupcake. Of course right? A few more steps than the corn on the cob project from earlier this week, but well worth it in results. Finally, a cupcake I don't want to eat...I just wanna stare at it.

Comments

FootPrints said…
SO FREAKIN CUTE! now i wanna eat lox and bagels
Larisa said…
I know right?! Still haven't eaten one...I'll have to let everyone know what they actually TASTE like.
Unknown said…
So glad you got your cupcake mojo back. Yay second trimester!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail